"I have a question related to one of your article about a metaphor being a vehicle.""As you said, when we can be grateful about our current situation, stay bright and work hard, we will see changes in our lives. My question is, for instance if I was an engine in this life time, what is happening to me, when we do this and changes occur? What is happening to the engine? If any of the followings apply, I would appreciate to give me the answer."
1. The engine is currently under inspection and maintenance.2. The weather would change to the best kind.3. The quality of the engine becomes better.4. These are two different matters and cannot be compared.
When the engine is doing his job, not looking around but only focusing deeply on his ability, and comes into (fall deep into) its rhythm in full play so to speak, then;
* You loose the feeling of being a "particle", the engine.
* You will understand and have the sense of feeling that you are the whole vehicle and not just the engine.
When we put this metaphor back into human kind;
* When we stop looking around and comparing with others, and simply focus on one's own life and self, observe it in a calm manner.
* Then you will start to understand that you (self/ego) that you thought was You was simply a preoccupation that you had built during all the experiences while you were growing older.
* Both the failure/dissatisfied you and the successful you, did not really exist.
* You will just know that you were part of the whole, one being (kami/god). And you will know that the existence is hiding inside every individual (physical body) and "experiencing." It is not a logical comprehension but like an intuitive sense. This is the moment of satori (awakened state).